Friday, September 27, 2013

Day 5


Good morning!

I'm part of a number of groups on Facebook (mostly Lululemon selling groups, whoops!) and monitor a local "fitness" board filled with in shape women who work out All. The. Time.  I used to think these women were crazy, but their enthusiasm kind of rubbed off on me over time.

It was there that I found out about my pilates studio and some other new local businesses, like Barre 3. All in all, although they annoy the shit out of me with all their free time and bragging on most days, they are, I admit, very inspirational.

Yesterday, one of the girls posted a really cool video that got the wheels in my brain turning and totally motivated me.


I am NOT a morning person. Not in the sense that I am miserable or anything. I'm pleasant enough (ask my mom) and can engage in normal conversation.  I just don't function at my best LOL. But this video inspired me to strive to make a morning workout (although, I am not waking up at dawn and you can't make me nosiree) part of my habits.

This morning, we did just that and I feel fantastic. Strength #1, Workout 2 in the books!
I felt my form was better this go round as I am more comfortable in the gym at this point. And my lateral lunges with contraload, even though I dropped them to 5 pounds, didn't give me back pain. The t-stabilizations still stink, especially after last night's evening pilates class, but I still executed all 32. And dare I say I am a fan of the finisher at the end, the squat? I feel so accomplished after that last speedy squat. It's unreal.

I again did not have time to make breakfast, so took the egg patty, bacon and cheese off a Wawa Sizzli and went to down on that. LOL. I'm sure the macros are off slightly but I find bacon to be a great replacement for half an avocado, don't you?

Snack today is a Greek yogurt with berries and since I forgot my yogurt at home, I picked up a non-fat Chobani with blueberries. A little more sugar than I would like but, at least it's somewhat similiar.

Lunch today is left over fajita chicken and baby carrots with Ak-Mak crackers. My husband says these crackers look like cardboard (they do) but I am hoping they are as delicious as Cheetos (they will not be).

Protein shake for another snack (and I've decided to keep a canister of the protein here to mix in with milk from Wawa) and then Shabbat dinner, where I'll aim for 5 oz of meat and some healthy carbs with salad.

My challenge going into the weekend will probably be Sunday lunch with a friend, but I figure I haven't had a cheat meal all week and one is ok. Even Rachel Cosgrove says so! Haha.

Off to try and win a Lululemon  Daily Yoga jacket for cheap on Lululemon Bidding Battles on Facebook LOL. Looks like it might go for way more than I want to buy it for, though. Thank goodness, I guess.



No comments:

Post a Comment