Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Day 3


I messed up a little throughout the day. Leave it to my husband to put a cramp in my style lol.

We had discussed hitting the gym early. When we got a late start the next day around 9 a.m. (the luxury of owning your own business I guess) I figured we would go right to the office, but I guess my husband had the momentum and determination to follow through with our conversation. I had just "painted on" my new skinny jeans and hesitated because that would mean painting them off LOL.  Nevertheless, I changed into my gym clothing (American Apparel deep-v t-shirt and Run: Inspire II crops with my new sneakers!). Since we didn't have time for my Day 3 eggs/veggies and avocado breakfast, I inhaled a Trutein protein shake. Essentially, I didn't get around to having the prescribed breakfast, so I didn't eat as many calories today as I should have. Can't make that a habit.

My second day at this gym was a little more comfortable. I'm still not familiar with some of the machines  and need to find where they keep the various extensions for the pulley machines. All in all, though, I walked around and found everything I needed. I went right to the RAMP warm up, getting through all the moves this time, including the reverse lunges. Reverse lunges are more my speed, actually. Something about my balance going backwards, I guess.

It was time to start with the side plank with rotation. It was pretty tough and on one side, I experienced some awkward back pain, so had to reposition myself. Hopefully, I get better at those. The active leg lowering was also quite challenging and aggravated that back pain a little. I'll get better.

I accidentally went right to Romanian deadlift, which I was doing on New Rules as well. I started with a 50 pound weight although I had finished with a 60 pound barbell in stage one of New Rules.  I don' really like this particular barbell, as it has grooves and doesn't have the standard straight bar feel. I wish they had both kinds. I did two other sets with 40 pounds because someone stole my barbell grrr.

Funny enough, my hubby came over to the weight section and said hello (we don't really work out together). He later commented that my butt looked nice and said I had the nicest butt at the gym LOL. He also said, "A lot of girls looked like string beans. They ain't it, miss thang." lol x infinity. It was so deadpan and truly made me laugh. In my opinion, there were other ladies with fantastic bodies and many who seriously lifted. I aspire to look like them but it's nice to hear that my husband likes me the way I am.

The two other components of the first round of exercises are hip rotations and push ups. Again, I messed up a little by not holding the hip rotation and instead just doing reps.  For pushups, I did them on my knees as I could not find a low step, which leads into my next complaint of not being able to do step ups. No where in this gym are there any boxes or aerobic step blocks of any kind except in the large classroom, which was in use. I COULD have done the step-ups on a bench, but I think this is frowned upon at this gym. Instead of step ups, I did back squats with just the bar. Again, the squat rack is different from what I'm used to and I didn't know how to adjust it without seriously injuring myself.

Anyway, I know they work two completely different parts of the leg, but at least I can feel squats in the absence of step-ups. I didn't want to take a leg exercise out completely. Then it was on to pulldowns, which I did with a standard pulldown bar instead of cables (because I couldn't find the handles, ugh). This is supposed to work you up into chin ups in the last Phase of the program. I can't imagine ever being able to do a chin up, but crazier things have happened!

I made concessions throughout the workout, ending with the reverse lunge (was supposed to start with it as it is a power move) with a rope attachment instead of the cable handles again. Still felt the burn and got a little dizzy, but there was no real row element with the rope. More of a squeezing. Probably not totally detrimental but I need to find the handles, pronto!

Finished up with 4 sets of 20 second mountain climbers. Nothing like trying to jab your knees into your chest set to the tune of Tom Ford by Jay-Z!

We got to work at 11! Unacceptable and we'll have to get going and out of the house by 7:30 to show up at a normal business hour.

I tried to stay close to the menu today.
The snack for the day was 2% greek with bananas. I added maybe 5 crushed cashews and cinnamon and pumpkin spice. While eating it, I realized I just NEEDED the sweetness, so I added half a pack of Splenda. I am weak sauce.

Lunch was two slices of Ezekiel (my favorite bread!) with all natural organic peanut butter and my own addition of half a teaspoon of fruit preserves. Again, I need ALL THE SWEETNESS.

We stayed at work later and got home around 7:30 p.m. I was sooo antsy to get home because I knew I had a few deliveries waiting for me, but tried not to let on that I had actually ordered MORE fitness clothing LOL.
I received my new order from Lululemon, which was consistently great again. I also got my Lululemon Urbanite Blazer from an ebay seller, my big purchase for the season!


These are called the Speed Tight in the Cozy version. After reading many reviews, I liked that these were consistently scoring very high, with no complaints of sheerness. I also like that they keep in warmth, which will be great for winter. I can't imagine I'll wear crops all season, so these will be a great transition. I love the rise, I love the ruffle detail at the leg, they are super compressive and flattering and my husband complimented them! Definitely a keeper.


I've never loved sports bras and must admit that many times in the past, I worked out IN A NORMAL BRA. Which is a mortal sin, I know, but I was a hot mess, what can I say. My first sports bra purchase in awhile was a Victoria's Secret Pink bra with very weird padding and a shape that kind of gave me uniboob. I bought it without even trying it on because it had over the top silver lettering at the racerback LOL. It definitely did the trick, but was never my favorite. I have never really been in search of another sports bra, but this one caught my eye, and it is supposed to be seamless with not a lot of padding. It also seems quite fashionable, which I like. 

I'm kind of 50/50 with this bra. I'm wearing it right now with the tags attached. When I'm standing, it doesn't pinch and is ultra flattering. There is no back fat and it doesn't give me quad boob. The pads inside are soft and flattering, and I just generally think it's sexy and simple and worthy. But when I sit, the band kind of rolls up and digs in. I'm no supermodel so there is fat around my midsection, but it's not appealing to feel it roll up under your shirt. We'll see if this one makes the cut. I'm leaning towards yes because I do need a new sports bra.


This looks like your basic wife beater, but I have to say, this Ebb to Street tank is AMAZING. A lot of people are raving about it, and it's all true. Firstly, it's soft, long, and lean. It's also seamless and flattering. And it has great built in cups for support. This one is totally a winner and I can't wait to wear it. I love the color as well. I wish I could get it in more colors without feeling like a total crazy person. Maybe next month? Hahaha.

For the grand finale, here is me wearing the sold out Urbanite Blazer. When I first started learning the ways of the Lululemon upload (late at night on Mondays), I didn't take it seriously, and I woke up to see this blazer already sold out in my size on upload day. By midnight, it was sold out completely. I thought it was a glitch, but Lululemon really does sell out fast if it's gorgeous.




And this blazer is just that. Honestly, it is more of a casual fashion piece than something to work out in, so it doesn't really serve a purpose, but I am always willing to invest in a quality classic jacket with interesting detail. It is one of my weaknesses as illustrated by my various blazers and leather jackets acquired over the years. This one is not SUPER cozy, but I can see it taking me through November, maybe  even wearable under a real coat. Definitely wearable indoors as it is not too thick. I'm just in love. I wish it cost less but thus goes supply and demand.

The only outstanding things I have coming in the mail are the Full Tilt pullover I have been dying for and a pair of lightly used YogaShmoga (yes that is the brand name) crops. I hope I love both and can end this madness and not buy anything else for AT LEAST a month.

I finished out the day pretty on target. Made a veggie stir fry with the leftover turkey burgers from yesterday, which were delicious. Added some brown rice and soy sauce and all was well with the world.

I'm looking forward to breakfast tomorrow--Kashi Go Lean cereal with milk and banana. I haven't had cereal in months! And I get to have leftover stir fry. Leftovers are my favorite!

Here's to tomorrow!








No comments:

Post a Comment