Monday, October 7, 2013

Day 15



Hey remember when I told you guys about my packed lunch chicken terayaki incident? Well, I totally forgot to tell you that the sauce got all over my Drop 2 sizes book. LOL. It totalllly smells like soy sauce right now. So. There's that!

This weekend was pretty successful!

Had a really great filet on Friday night. Like, top five status, off the grill no less! Outback, you better step up your game. It was so good, it earns a feature on this here blog. LOL.

Saturday, I completed my first countdown metabolic workout. In this workout, you go at a moderate pace, doing five sets of five exercises(squat thrust, body squat, prone hand touch, alternating reverse lunge, kettle bell clean). You start with 5 reps of exercises 1-5, then 4 reps of 1-5, than 3 reps and so on. You rest for 30 seconds between each exercise, and then each round of specific reps, you finish out with jump rope or sprinting (I ran in place and used a pretend jump rope) for twenty seconds.I'm beginning to realize I definitely need a Gymboss as looking down at my iPod gets very annoying. Then again, I have to countdown different things in this workout, not just interval time, so maybe I should save my $20 bucks.

More annoying: the stretching dude who spent 45 minutes sitting around, then somewhat stretching for my whole workout. Go away, dude. I don't like running around in place with the bewbs bouncing with YOU around.

I was dripping sweat by the end of this workout. The write-up was very deceiving!  I found the kettle bell cleans most difficult. In this move you place a kettle bell (or in my case, a dumbbell) between your legs. You keep your back neutral and don't round and pick up the weight with one arm, concentrating on using your legs ONLY to lift that weight. It's quite difficult! I actually realized near the end that I had to alternate my arms, so for the first set, I was supposed to do 10 total instead of just 5 reps. When I realized this, I spent about a minute doing as many of them correctly as possible, alternating arms. Can't skimp on those benefits!

Decided to indulge in Chipotle (splurge #2) and it was delicious (as all things with heaping portions of guacamole are).We headed to the mall afterward and hubby picked up Grand Theft Auto.

Oh, I tried on some camouflage trend stuff at Express and thought of you, Daily Express!
                            

                               

I just don't pull off camo, but I did love the jacket, although a little pricey at $300.00. 


We came home and my husband played GTA for six straight hours,  pausing only to eat dinner (sweet potato with onions and sour cream, yummm). I had my new favorite salad is coleslaw mix with a tablespoon of olive oil mayonnaise and lots of Lusty Monk honey mustard as a side. So glad I gave coleslaw a try. It's the bomb.

One thing I noticed is that my splurge did not lead me down the path of destruction. In fact, I tried not to eat much after that big meal. Sure, we contemplated watching Gravity with some candy from the new candy bar (!!!) in the mall. So many different colorful, sugared temptations at a super cheap per pound rate! But we (mostly I) decided to pass. When it was 9 p.m. and I was kind of hungry, I decided it was time to eat. I did feel sort of guilty eating any sort of carb after 6 p.m.. but it was on the D2S menu and sounded delicious. Plus, there were no carbs in my Chipotle salad earlier.  In the end, I need to get over all the rules in my head about eating.  Food is fuel.  FOOD IS FUEL!

Sunday I attended a Pilates class. We had a new instructor who was kind of leaning towards more stretching, which was kind of boring. I was in her first ever class and that class was WAY more difficult than this one. But I guess stretching is beneficial sometimes when doing a weight program and I have been feeling kind of tight lately (my last class prior to this one was on Thursday....).

 I AGAIN skipped out on my egg breakfast because I got up super late and had to rush to class. By the time I got home it was near lunch so I just proceeded with the lunch meal.  Lunch was DELICIOUS. A tortilla wrap (prescribed: Ezekiel, realized: Chi-Chi white flour tortilla). The nutritional stats are actually pretty similar between these two so I let it slide. Spread some hummus over that, popped some edamame out of their pods, topped with two ounces of leftover flank steak and coleslaw, with Mrs. Dash fiesta lime seasoning.

I must confess that Saturday evening, I gave into MORE temptation and purchased a pair of Wunder Under pants in pique/reversible stripe from a Facebook Lululemon selling group. I feel terrible about it, but they are super rare and go for A LOT on eBay. I hope they are flattering but if they aren't, will just resell :).

Wunder Unders in Textured Pique/Black Coal

It's hard to tell in these photos but they are actually reversible so...two pants in one is justifiable! I'm having them shipped to my mom's house. My habits are getting crazier and crazier....

I can't wait to wear these with boots or even to Pilates. They received great reviews and the girls on the boards seem to love them. Plus they are a better option for me than the Skinny Will.  

I then realized I have no boots to wear with them and felt cornered. Time to return things! Dropped by old navy and returned a silly little sweater with a dog face on it and a snake print button up similiar to the Express Portofino. Armed with more disposable income after this return, I headed to DSW. Wore my new Speed Tights, No Limits Tank and Define jacket (not pictured).

                               

My butt is poppin LOL. 

My return was worth $50 so my aim was to find a boot that costs that much. Am I crazy? Pretty much. There were no leather boots in that price range and I felt terrible spending a little over that budget for man-made materials. So, my budget went up LOLLLL. I wish I took better care of my shoes. My pair from last year by Audrey Brooke were so chic and I loved the buckle equestrian details. The pair I found are quite similar but are lacking some pop. Sighhhh.... New boots to wear with these. Me Too Dede:

                                    




So guilty was I after this most recent splurge that I decided to sell some of my things. Mainly, my Christian Louboutin Fetichas. I've considered selling them for awhile as they pinch my toes slightly and just are kind of torture to walk in. I put them out for $330 knowing that would be an eye catching price for a pair of Louboutins. They sold within five hours!



I must admit I am a little sad to see them go, but at least they are going to a new home. Good bye Feticha, you will be missed.

We finished out our weekend with a birthday party at a sushi restaurant. I tried to reel in my appetizer indulgences, having two slices of tuna pizza, mussels covered in some kind of dynamite sauce, a small portion of ahi tuna tartar crunch (so delicious) and one lobster dynamite roll (plus three pieces of spicy tuna roll). Had a few bites of mochi and cupcake and didn't feel too terrible, although the soda on the table was regular and I must have had at least 16 ounces of that. Oh well. They don't call it a splurge for nothing.

This morning, I was looking for more things to sell in my closet and came across a pair of True Religion leggings I don't even remember buying! These must have been purchased around the time I met my husband. They have a beautiful, dark blue color with fading and are stretchy and light.  I decided to see if they fit and, surprise surprise, THEY DO!

                                


I know I have been spending A LOT of money on Lululemon but since I have been losing weight, I am slowly fitting into my old clothes. I really do LOVE my old clothes so I will be saving a lot on jeans, dresses and tops this year! I'm so excited!

That really started the day off right for me. I'm fueled up with my Kashi Go Lean cereal, milk and banana. Going to get my water goal in today. Going to take all my vitamins. Going to kick ass this week and I'm going to see a difference in those jeans I tried on three weeks ago.

I want to finish out with a new addition to my Ultimate Lululemon Unicorn List: The Power Vinyasa crop (picture provided by My Superficial Endeavors).



It has this REALLY cool jacquard mesh on the backs of the legs, pretty much all the way up. That sounds SO breezy. LOVE!





1 comment:

  1. I spy the Bird Print Portofino in the background of your fitting room! Did you try that one on? I caved and bought that one not too long ago after seeing it on two people out and about in real life. It's so cute! And that jacket is beautiful! But $300? Yikes! Wait for a coupon or sale for sure!

    ReplyDelete