Monday, October 14, 2013

Day 22




Today was Jean Check-In #1 and I failed miserably.

I am so disappointed in myself and my results. I know that people lose weight from different areas, and after sitting pouty faced in the car and my husband pulling out a confession from me as to why I looked so miserable, he said I had definitely lost weight in my belly and shoulders. But I would really like my lower body to follow suit!

The jeans are just as tight and restrictive, no where close to getting up my hips.

I can't say I am blameless, though. I've been slipping diet wise, adding replacement meals that have no nutritional values simply for convenience. I can't blame it on Wawa, either. In the end, I made the choice to go inside and purchase the item.

Here's an example of my Friday and Saturday nutritionals (in reverse, because I'm dumb):


You can click to see it larger.

As you can see, the hoagie AND the oatmeal both in one day were probably not the best choices (to be fair though, in the plan, the breakfast did call for oatmeal and the lunch called for a wrap). I do realize that the sodium, sugar and carbs was way out of control, though, and won't be doing that again.  Shabbat dinner that night was also kind of all over the place. I did try to reign in my portions but, things add up quickly, and I forgot to add to that diary entry that I had a few bites of cake, which probably added 100 calories of nothingness. Shabbat dinner was the first place I knew I would have problems on this thing. It is HARD to not underestimate what I am putting into my mouth since I did not prepare it and my MIL has a HEAVY hand with condiments and salty things.

Saturday was truly awful. We went and saw Machete 2 (would not recommend) and gorged on Nerds rope, popcorn and pretzels. I really should have not finished off that day with eggs/sausage but was ravenous and figured it was better than a sandwich.

In good news though, I still committed to my workouts even with various wrenches thrown in my path. Husband again avoided the gym on Friday. No problem. After Shabbat dinner, I did a Strength #1 workout at home. I was sooo tired by the end (it was around 10 p.m. or so) so I did cut short on the lateral lunges and the overhead presses. I'll take 80% done after that longggg Friday.

Saturday I took a yoga class with my husband's cousin and it was VERY restorative. We would love to go again. This class was classified as "gentle" but both of us agreed that it did work our muscles. I am curious about vinyasa and hot yoga, but am still too much of a wuss to try more strenuous types of yoga. I would probably take a more rigorous one with our instructor, though. She was very helpful and peaceful....crunchy but cute LOL.

            

I wore my new Ebb to Street pants (wonderous) and an ebay score-the Pure Focus tank in lilac. Topped with a Voyage hoodie in cool breeze, Target Converse sneakers and scarf.


Sunday I woke up at the butt crack of dawn (7:30 a.m. my time hahahah) to take an 8:00 Reformer class with my favorite brusque instructor. I did not like this class so much. We started out on the mats, completing a series of challenging moves. The instructor told us that mat work brings out all of our faults and weaknesses, and this was completely true. A lot of the moves aggravated my back. Like the elevated shoulder bridges and swan dives.

We then spent the other half of class doing these same sets of moves on the Reformer, to show us how helpful the machine is in making up and helping our weaknesses. Absolutely correct in every way. For the shoulder bridges, we hung halfway off the carriage (our waists were the first meeting point) as our butts met the springs on the Reformer. We placed our feet on the foot rest and had to bridge from this position then lower and return the carriage inward. Then repeat in reverse. REALLY difficult. Certainly a strenuous class. I think I prefer the tower class with this instructor and maybe I'll continue to do another class on Sundays that is less vigorous on my back.

After class, I wanted to stop by T.J. Maxx to see if there were any steals to be had in athletic gear, since my new favorite pair of pants is by Kyodan and $25.00. The website claimed they opened at 10:00, but when I called, after waiting half an hour, it turns out they open at 11:00 on Sundays! BOOO!  I called Old Navy just down the block and they opened at 10:00, so I spent a good amount of time in there.

Old Navy actually has a great athletic line, although far less breathable because of the polyester content. I almost bought a spin-off version of a Lululemon No Limits tank but the whole thing was polyester through and through, and I sweat like a crazy person in 100% polyester, so I passed.

               
This one was very flattering and not quite as voluminous as the No Limits. The back was a little different with a vented detail. I might come back for this one. There were so many available though, so no rush. Maybe it will go on sale? Haha.

                  

I bought some slouchy sweaters to pair with leggings or skinnies (two on the left). $10 each is not bad and I won't feel so bad if they fall apart. The last picture is of a Cynthia Rowley top I almost purchased at T.J. Maxx. Cute detail but in the end, I didn't like the space dye effect. Would have loved it in solid gray though.
By the way, the jeans on the left are clearance Old Navy. My mom texted me that they were too funny looking, but they were a size 12 and they fit, which made me super happy :).

            

Finally, I went to DSW. I should stop doing that. I walked out with the black babies. They are just TOO hot for words. Too much. I did like the Rampage camel color booties. I am still assessing what I would wear with them. Besides my light colored leather jacket by Vince, I'm always in black and don't know if it would clash. Oh, and yes, I did wear my Ebb to Streets two days in a row LOL.

The rest of the day was spent with my mom and dad. We visited the cemetery to see some of my grandparents. We stopped by my grandma's and had lunch (and I had some NOT needed chocolate and sweets). They left me in the car while they popped into a Russian grocery store. Then we came home and my mom and I watched Homeland and The Blacklist while I gorged on two much guacamole and Cheeze-Its. Decided to skip dinner as a result.

I came home to my hubby watching football (a regular Sunday is ALL day football) and finally got around to making the flank steak. It was DELICIOUS and I'll be making a flank salad tonight with feta, baby spinach, some carmelized onions, balsamic and olive oil. Yummmm.

I finished out the weekend with the metabolic workout I was supposed to do on Saturday instead of yoga. Last time I talked about this workout, I was only supposed to do three rounds. At the time, I couldn't imagine three more rounds of it. But last night, I did six total rounds! I really had to push myself not to stop. It would have been so easy to say, "Next time I'll do six, this time I'll do four or five". But after all the food this weekend, I at least wanted to accomplish something difficult.

My heart was racing but I made it through. I'm pretty achy today but I feel great for doing it! I think I might add a three round interval session like this to my Tuesdays. This is an option in the book and I never considered doing it, but it's easy enough to do at home and definitely effective.

I'm going to go check out my Pilates schedule for this week. I'm beginning to think overloading my schedule is causing me to feel overwhelmed. 

Have a great day, everyone! 



No comments:

Post a Comment