Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Klutz Mode


I have been a mess all day.

You might remember my very recent mishap with a bag of takeout Chipotle salads. The chicken juice from this very salad (my husband's salad, not mine, I'm sure) ended up on the seat of my quite beautiful burgundy American Eagle leggings.

It hasn't even been a week since that fiasco and today...again. Another leaking incident. This time, the terayaki sauce from my Asian chicken salad ended up all over...everything. I bit on the inside of my canvas bag, a LOT on the bottom of my free Lululemon lunch bag (I threw it out because...I just can't bother with it) and a tiny smidge, somehow, on my left sleeve. Ugh. I also sprayed orange juice all over my screen while peeling an orange. Just can't win.

My workout this morning was awesome. I went up five pounds in the overhead press and the goblet squat. Was sweating like a beast. Feeling sore now, but the good kind of sore. Makes me think of this:



After looking at my growing workout gear list yesterday, I realized that everything I have bought is really an investment, so I'm not going to continue to feel bad. I'm a grown woman and I make my own money and if I choose to be frivolous with my hard earned cash well....that's my choice. I pay my credit card statement every month and I am knock on wood O.K. for now.

And, also, it's O.K. to look at all the new gear and all the sale stuff too. Because I said so LOL.

Today I browsed the oGorgeous page, brought to the internet by the founder of #blogilates. Cassie seems so effervescent and fun. I love her style and her personality really pops. So it goes without saying, all the stuff she designs matches that bright and spunky vibe she has going. Here are some things I am loving from her page:



Love her color choices, don't you? I don't know if I would actually wear any of this to the gym, but it certainly would be comfortable to lounge in.

Tomorrow, i'm heading to my first Lithe Method class and VERY EXCITED.
Lithe is a company that originated in Philadelphia, created by a former cheerleader who wanted to kick up pilates with some cardio and cheer moves.
This company has a huge cult following in Philadelphia. Women go every day and take different classes aimed at different body parts, like legs and arms. It has become a lifestyle, and is even coming to New York City.
Last year they posted a deal on Living Social and I scooped it up, but became lazy and never took advantage, even though I worked ten blocks away. For $39, I got a 101 style class and 5 other fitness classes, along with a free juice/smoothie (they sell their own brand). Keep in mind that each class is $15-20 dollars (I think $20) so that was a STEAL.
Unfortunately, the offer has expired but they will still honor the price I paid for the deal itself, meaning I can take a class (and a half).

In addition, they are offering a free 101 class in the month of October, so I scheduled mine for tomorrow! I have been wanting to go for ages and now I'll see what the cult is all about. Pray for me.

I'll be in the Rittenhouse Square area, which also is home to a Lululemon! This is bad news bears, of course. But I'm going to take my new speed tights with me. If I run across anything that I must have, I'm going to do an exchange. I have the best intentions to follow through with this!!

I regret not jumping on this pair of pants:


They have been receiving crazy good reviews, but none were to be found at the time of upload, so it was a risk given that the cropped option has a solid reputation of being sheer. These just look amazing and so comfortable. I hope they have them in my size as they are now sold out in it online in every beautiful color (black, inkwell/navy, and plum).

I'm also curious about a few other things, including the Trouser Pant:


These are VERY avant garde, but I saw them in a street style photo (below) and I think they are just styled wrong wrong wrong on the website.


Of course this lady has tons of Swagu so she could probably rock anything. I'm just saying. I'm not going to discount these pants before I try them on! haha.

Also loving the No Limit Tank:


The new colors are beautiful and the No Limits Tank is  truly the best. Truly. So breathable, flattering and easily maintained.  I'd rather have it in that angel blue color I just purchased in my Define jacket, but can't find a used one anywhere.

I'm also really curious about the fan favorite, the Skinny Will pant. Bitches be wildin' over these pants, I'm telling you!


They are supposed to be heavenly and super comfortable. I'm really wondering how they would look on me. Probably a disaster.

And finally, I really want to see what all the fuss is about re: CRB's, lululemon speak for Cool Racerback tanks. They are a staple in every lulu lover's wardrobe and to me, they just look like regular tank tops. At $42 dollars, they better sing my favorite songs.



Also really wanting to investigate the C.Y.B. top (does it reveal my back fat?), the scoop neck in a color that matches my sneakers (will it be as flattering as they say or look kind of mumsy like it does on the website), if they have a Forme limited edition ruffle in white, and....everything else I guess!

But I'm NOT buying anything. I'm NOT!





No comments:

Post a Comment